While the Clinic relies on cash donations, there are many items needed for Clinic operations outside of cash. In-kind donations - a contribution of equipment, supplies or other property - are much appreciated. There are many items that we can use and some that we cannot use at all.
The following lists are suggestions of what The Free Medical Clinic can and cannot accept. If you have a question about a potential in-kind donation, please call the Clinic at 703.765.1503.
- Paper products, such as paper towels, toilet tissue, tissue
- Brown paper lunch bags and quart sized ziploc bags
- Cleaning supplies, such as wipes, sprays
- Office supplies such as copy, pens, paper clips
- Office furniture in good condition (on an as-needed basis)
- Medical supplies, such as canes, diabetic shoes (in good condition), gauze, bandages, medical tape, etc.
- Hospital bed
- Feeding tubes and supplies
- Wound care supplies
- Crutches and wheelchairs (please contact MedNeed of SC for donation)
- Older technology - computers, laptops, printers, or monitors
By law, The Free Medical Clinic does not accept medications or donations of controlled substances, such as opioid painkillers. Medications may be disposed of through the Richland County Sheriff's Department , CVS Pharmacy (2571 Forest Drive, 4711-5 Forest Drive, 5608 Sunset Blvd), or check on Dispose My Meds for additional locations.